After running errands and going to swimming lessons, we often like to stop by Cheeburger Cheeburger for lunch on Saturdays. Cheeburger Cheeburger is modeled after a 1950′s diner and they offer such novelties as vanilla cokes and egg cream sodas. Every time we are there my boys want to know what an egg cream is. I sort of knew, but I ended up looking it up on Google to make sure. An Egg Cream soda recipe is made from carbonated soda water, cream and vanilla or chocolate syrup, and not an ounce of egg. When I got the NuNaturals Chocolate Stevia liquid I knew I wanted to turn it into a sugar free, dairy free Egg Cream soda recipe. Yes, it can be done! And I have to say, with NuNaturals Chocolate Stevia it can be done well.
The Egg Cream Soda Recipe
I have been using So Delicious Coconut Creamer in my coffee and have really enjoyed it, so I knew it would be perfect with the NuNaturals Chocolate Stevia. You can certainly make this egg cream soda recipe with half and half if you prefer, but it is so delicious with the coconut creamer. (OK, I couldn’t help myself with that one.)
- ¼ cup So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer Original flavor
- ¾ cup San Pellegrino sparkling water
- 3 to 5 droppers NuNaturals Liquid Chocolate Stevia
- ½ teaspoon chocolate extract
- In a glass mix the all ingredients.
- Adjust stevia and extract if necessary to achieve the desired sweetness and chocolate intensity.
- You can serve over ice or straight up in a glass.
4 readers will win a prize pack containing one bottle each of the Lemon, Orange, Peppermint and Chocolate Stevias. Simply Enter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was provided with samples of NuNaturals products to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.