My husband decided to make a lovely pork carnitas the other night and since I’m using Weight Watchers I thought it might be nice to make my own salsa to accompany it. We have lovely seckel pears from our CSA that needed to be eaten so I chose them for the salsa; and pear salsa was born. The beauty of this fresh salsa is that each serving is only 1 Weight Watchers point! I hope you enjoy this salsa and make it frequently while pears are in season.
Pear Salsa Recipe
- 4 seckel pears, ripe
- 1 small to medium white onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan over medium to high heat, combine all the ingredients except the cilantro.
- Cook until mixture begins to boil.
- Lower heat to low-medium and simmer until tomatoes are tender and juice begins to thicken a bit.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This serves 12 and each serving is 1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus Point.
this recipe has been submitted to Gluten Free Friday Blog Hop