I keep finding these recipes on the web (sometimes on Pinterest) about honey lemon ginger tea jelly. It sounds amazing to me so when my CSA had Meyer lemons available I decided to order a few and try it out myself. Recently we had gotten some Radish honey from a local apiary and it would crystallize into this amazing jelly all on its own, so I knew that was the honey I wanted to use. But wouldn’t you know we ran out of it before I could make this recipe.
- lemons (organic)
- ginger (optional)
- Wash the lemons.
- In a small saucepan heat the honey.
- Add pectin and cook on high for a few minutes allowing it to boil.
- Slice lemons and ginger if using and put into canning jars.
- Cover lemons and ginger with honey mixture.
- Put in refrigerator and allow to gel.
- Spoon into cups and add hot water for a warm drink.
I do not have amounts as it depends on how much you plan to make I used about 7 oz of honey, one lemon and I used powdered ginger which I added to the honey while in the sauce pan. If using fresh ginger I would put it in the jar with the lemons and pour the honey over it. Also I used 2 Tablespoons of pectin but you may wish to add more.