I wanted to have some fun with my grey hair, and I have been seeing all my friends sporting these awesome colors. So I decided since I won’t color my hair, how about doing some hair chalking. It is super simple and I really like the look.
UPDATE – you can chalk dark hair if you wet both your hair and the chalk!
Hair Chalking Video Tutorial
Hair Chalking Supplies
- spray water bottle
- chalk pastel in color of your choice
- protective gloves
Hair Chalking Method
- Section off hair and spray with water bottle to dampen.
- With protective gloves on, use the chalk pastel to color the hair in a motion from root to tip.
- Once desired color is achieved allow hair to dry.
- Set color with heat from curling iron or flat iron.
- Wash to remove color.
Have you ever chalked your hair? Would you? Do you color your hair? Have you ever colored it a non-conventional color like pink or blue?
I think this is a great alternative to the chemicals in hair color and can really add a lot of fun, especially if you are like me and trying to grow your color out. I will be keeping Hair Chalking as an option whenever I want to do something a little fun. What do you all think?