When I was younger and my mother would be on a diet she had this great little tip for dealing with those sweet cravings she would sometimes have. She would make a sugar free hot chocolate. That was back when we didn’t realize that artificial sweeteners were so bad for you, so today I decided to update that idea. I’ve taken the same principle and made a Gluten free Dairy free Sugar Free Mocha Recipe instead.
The Modern Update of the Classic
I have used stevia to give sweetness while keeping it natural. Stevia happens to be the preferred sweetener of Dr. Mercola, the well known alternative doctor. I also updated it by using coffee which adds a robustness to the drink and makes it more suitable to any time of day. Then to keep it dairy free and to keep it low calorie I have used So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer Original. If you have been following I decided to join Weight Watchers On-line and this little concoction is only 1 PointsPlus point. I think that is pretty good and easy to drink! To make it really special I like to use NuNaturals Liquid Peppermint Stevia, which seems perfect during the winter season.
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Sugar Free Mocha Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet NuNaturals Stevia
- Coffee (I use decaf )
- NuNaturals Liquid Peppermint Stevia OR peppermint extract (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer Original
- In a medium mug mix the cocoa powder and the stevia, you may wish to mix in a small amount of water to keep the cocoa from clumping when the coffee is added.
- Add the coffee and peppermint if using.
- Add creamer.
- Serve Immediately.