Here are my top 10 reasons I hate getting older. I had a very good friend who was 9 years older than me and she used to tell me all these things that happen to you when you get older. I never believed her. Now I do.
10 Reasons I Hate Getting Older
10. Thinking I am still only 28, when I obviously am not!
9. I can’t party (or even stay up late) like I used to.
8. Noticing my own mortality.
7. Forgetting all sorts of important things if I don’t write them down. Then forgetting them anyway.
6. Becoming obsolete. This one really bothers me because my father confided in me that as he has aged he feels people pass him over like he has nothing to contribute.
5. All the darn aches and pains that I didn’t have when I was in my 20′s.
4. Realizing exactly how much I really don’t know.
3. It is just plain harder to lose weight.
2. Having to be the adult. I can’t run to Mom and Dad to make things better, I have to do it myself. And often I have to do it for them. Making those tough decisions sucks.
1. Thin lips! They really do start to thin out as you get older. Yikes.